What are core values?
Core values can be described as the behavioral aspect of what we stand for and strive for in our company. Unlike the mission, which centers on purposeful goals. Together, the mission and core values provide a foundation for desired behavior within your organization.
In other words, with core values, we indicate which fundamental values and experiences we prioritize when making decisions and performing our work. By doing so, we contribute daily to the achievement of our mission. Core values are highly influential in shaping your company's culture.
Step-by-Step Plan to Develop Effective Core Values:
1. Responsibility and Inventory: The responsible person inventories what is already available and records it in the Core Values input field within ICR.
- Outcomes of any previous attempts to develop effective core values.
- Elements that are important and may be included in research reports, annual reports, or (strategic) plans.
- Similar texts from competitors and other relevant organizations.
2. Sharing and Collaborating: Share the inventory outcomes with your (core) team - via the 'Share with your team' function under the Core Values input field within ICR.
- Share the results of step 1 with your organization's core team.
- Discuss which elements should definitely be included in the core values.
- Record these in the Core Values input field within Route ICR.
- Formulate draft descriptions of the core values and formally request feedback from the core team through the 'Share with your team' function.
3. Building Consensus: Ensure buy-in within your organization.
- If the core team is satisfied with the draft core values, ask a larger group of employees, from all levels and departments, for feedback.
- Based on the responses, the core team finalizes the descriptions of the core values.
- Request feedback again from the employees involved earlier to ensure that the most recent feedback and corresponding score is recorded within ICR.
- The core team members make sure everyone understands what the core values mean for their daily work activities.
Determine the Goal, Make a Plan, and Get Started
Determine the goal, make a plan, and get started. Does that appeal to you? Then start your journey towards growth and success now, completely free of charge. We give you 14 days to experience our structured Route ICR approach, from step-by-step plans and e-learning to collaboration and improvement plans. And there's no obligation!
Also read Successful entrepreneurship can be learned.